June 5, 2003

Congratulations to my dear dear sis, Lillian, for graduating the *da da da da* Middle School today -- kick ass in high school! This is what she's gonna do in high school:

+Band practice
+Fall in love
+Swimming
+Travel (overseas) a lot
+Theatre
+Charity work
+OPEN EYES
+Painting
+Become jaded and then unjaded
+ASB
+Internships with hospitals in Sac
+Honors, AP everything (buahaha)

You are gonna have so much fun!!! And this is a weird piece of advice, but ... don't forget to make enemies; it helps to make friends. Some of the most important things you'll learn are not about facts, but about people. There are so many things to know; some things will be painful to realize, but you will be so happy to know it, after all ... and if you ever need anything at all, ANYTHING, just tell me, Lilly. I love you so much, and you make me so proud!

Oh my, there was X2 and now there's Finding Nemo -- what a scrumpdiddlyumptious summer movie series. I suggest to everyone: watch Finding Nemo, you won't regret it. Habooshima! Dory to Marlin: "Let go." The intervention. The kid at the dentist's waiting room. The Surly Mermaid. It's very well done in that witty Pixar kind of humor, and soft, glazed kind of imaging, esp notice the jellyfish forest, anemone, and the quality of the surface of the sea and how wood has been rendered. They've also advanced in character development since Toy Story. I wonder if Siqi's ice skating Mike is the one who was in the Flocking/Grouping Squad (or something like that). Fab.

Otherwise, today I went, what else, shopping, and while we ate at Mikuni (which was full of Rosevillian/Granite Bayster yuppies at the lunch hour), Paul told me how to spell bourgeois. How appropriate.

I miss ... SIGH ... *eyes glazed over.* Even though it's relaxing as Rio here in Roseville, I would really like to be back in East Bay soon. I don't feel like chlorinating the pool anymore, I don't really feel like reading like two chapters of "The Awakening" at a time and falling asleep.

Movies to watch: "Mindwalk," "Brazil," and "City of God."

A survey of FAVORITES:
Color: Green, red
Food: popsicles, most anything with tomatoes and/or mushrooms
Tree: Maple, etc
Flower: Peony, iris
Season: summer
Architect: oh shiiii ... Rick Joy of Phoenix is one of the top.
Artist: Murakami, Koons (crazily), Jasper Johns, Brancusi, Sherman, Diebenkorn, Calder ... ergh so many!
Movie star: Catherine Zeta-Jones (too hot), Anthony Hopkins
Director: ergh
Subject of discussion: psychological analysis, the human condition/quandary
Book: Norwegian Wood, by Haruki Murakami
Song: Anything performed by Antonio Carlos Jobim, Ella Fitzgerald, and Pink Martini. Also, Weezer, "Say It Ain't So." Etc.
Movie: Tonari no Totoro
Sport: soccer
Opera: Turandot and La Boheme are tied.
Fashion designer: Comme des Garcons' Rei Kawakubo.

I've been listening to some Evanescence, thanks to lilly ... and gosh, it's so ... ergh ... hymnal. Check out these gothic lyrics: "But through my tears breaks a blinding light, Birthing a dawn to this endless night, Arms outstretched, awaiting me, An open embrace upon a bleeding tree. Rest in me and I'll comfort you, I have lived and I died for you, Abide in me and I vow to you, I will never forsake you." I'm sorry, but when you use the word 'forsake' like that ... AHHHHH! Stop sounding like the Lord! Time to go. :-) Apologies for the unrulily long entries. Is it viscosity or viscocity?

No comments: