July 1, 2004

Tokyo Pictures


Here I am at the place I stayed in for most of the time. See this apple I'm holding in my hands, which I had purchased from Tobu department store in Ikebukero? It was about eight US dollars. EIGHT! But, you don't get lots of fruits and veggies here. I needed the nutrition.


JR Station at Shinagawa.


Lucky Strikes in Tokyo, 300 yen. One of the last nights I was in Japan, I got trapped at Shibuya. The trains stop running around midnight. I was getting a migraine. So these two guys at a bar helped out and found this place that was open called Hotel Miyoko. Yes, one of those hotels--you know the ones that have mirrors around the bed and on the ceiling; I don't think I've stayed in a seedier place. (No wonder the cigarettes.)


Taniguchi's Horyuji Treasure lobby, Ueno.


Taniguchi's Horyuji Treasure, Ueno.


Shibuya during red light.


Roppongi. MoMA at your left.


Roppongi was once a swamp.


Odaiba was once a swamp.


View from Sunshine 60, Ikebukero


One end of Takeshita Dori


Pondering the genius of H & deM


Prada, Omotesando


Ginza

No comments: