March 3, 2005

Laundromat Blues

I'm writing from Bing Wong's Laundromat located at Telegraph and ... is it Parker?

It's my first time here. I asked a woman who works here why there were different prices for different washing machines that looked essentially the same: $1.25, $1.50, $1.75, and $2.00 per wash. She brought me to notice that the $1.50 to $2.00 machines were slightly different in size, but the $1.25 washers? They were bought at a bargain, so the owner decided to price them lower. If only everything were that way!

Bing Wong also has these great yellow plywood benches. In addition to the faux wood panelling on the walls and the signs in old fonts, they really make me feel like I am at a laundromat in the 1960s. I will have to take a picture of them when I come back.

No comments: