June 9, 2011

Dear body,

I love you, but why do you still produce so many autoantibodies? I tried to run half an hour with you today, but a few hours later you started breaking down. I saw protein in your urine. I felt your excruciating pain, especially in your legs and knees, but most of all a deep profound fatigue, an ache. I knew you were crying. So I tried to get you to rest, but you would not lay down. You were so anxious and agitated. You were so scared this pain and failure to exert yourself will be a permanent fixture.

But I promise it won't. Well, honestly I can't promise anything, but pain is not all there is in life. You gotta remember. I'll keep you distracted. Maybe you want a bite of this? Maybe you'd like some more sips of water? Don't worry, I'll take good care of you.

No, this thing you got ... it makes you needy, but it's not your fault. There's no cure, but there's nothing we can't go through together. And who knows - science might pull through in the end! And to really take it to the final conclusion - there's no cure for death. And that's something we aren't afraid of.

I'll always be here for you. I promise. If you need anything, just let me know. No, actually, I'll watch over you like a hen to a slightly runty, semi-disabled chick. You don't even have to say anything ... I'll know. Well, I'll try my darnedest. Now, you have to get some rest. I love you.

Jean


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: