March 13, 2003

Today i played my 100th winning game of spider solitaire! (Well, ever since I reset the statistics).

I'm not sure why I mention this, but it seems to have some value to me right now. So, I finished three midterms (two in-class tests, one paper) and I have one left to go ... POP-UP BOOK for Chip's class. Does anyone want to work on it with me? Please ring me up or email me because I need all the hand made skills i can get. :-) I also have to work on my "client's" (more like boss's) webpage. And I have to make some phone calls for him. Tomorrow night, I guess I'm going up to a supposed "six-kegger," as if size matters. It's for K's friend's birthday. Let me say this: IT HAD BETTER BE WORTH MY TIME TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY UP THERE AND BACK WHILE IN THE MEANTIME I HAVE ALL THIS STUFF TO DO! My head hurts a little, but you might not be interested ...

While I was in the shower, I had this vision of a beautiful beautiful webpage that someday will be implemented. Hopefully soon. I was also thinking about how sense of aesthetic is so different between people. Not to be a bitch or anything, but there are somethings that are supposed to be aesthetic that i HATE. like cheesy webpages. Well, in my vision of the future of aesthetics, there are a lot of jagged edges and bright bright colors, like fuschia and aquamarines with tealish greens. They are like paper tree leaves that have been sliced with scissors, and now look like matte shards. You will get the picture when I have my webpage up! It'll be rad. Inspiration: Christian Dior (modern-day), drafting, textile print, 50s pop modernism, minimalism, matisse, alexander calder, illustrator ralph steadman, and painters bridget riley, roy lichtenstein, jeff koons, takashi murakami. I call it "Organized Paper Lightning Bolts."

No comments: